On Monday 10 March 2008, D. Michael McIntyre wrote:
> Did I ever mention that I really suck at mastering?

We'll title this one "Learning Curve."

This list has been useful for teaching the teacher something for sure.  I
never gave much thought to this whole issue until Cory started ranting about
it.  This version doesn't make my subwoofer knock stuff off my shelves any
more, which is sort of a downside, but the advantage is you can hear every
sound from the trumpet in this mix (which is sort of a downside.)

I had the background stuff up WAY too high, and the trumpet up WAY too high
too.  I think I wound up setting the trumpet at -6 db (it was originally
close to 0) and the master volume in ZynAddSubFX at something like 33% (down
from about 85%.)

My wallpaper kicks ass too.  :)  (And my whole desktop.  It is so blissfully
not GNOMEish.  I love it.)

Um.  I think I got this small enough to fit on my stupid ISP website.  See if
this link works:

http://home.comcast.net/~documentarian/zynspiration.ogg

--
D. Michael McIntyre