From: Paul DeShaw <pauldes...@gmail.com>
Subject: Upgrade to 10.04; still no CD/DVD drive
To: ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Date: Wednesday, 19 May, 2010, 5:01

Greetings,

In a previous post I reported that Ubuntu Studio 9.10 could not find my HP DVD
Writer 840d; this issue was never resolved.  I have done a clean install of
10.04 and have the same problem--From the first boot, the very drive that read
the install DVD, does not exist as far as Ubuntu Studio is concerned.  Since
the drive worked fine while running generic Ubuntu 9.10 from a flash drive, I
could probably fix the problem simply by installing the generic 10.04 and
adding the Studio packages.  However, if there is any interest in finding and
fixing this Ubuntu Studio-specific problem, I am willing to keep this install
and work with the list to get it ironed out.  I would really like to see Ubuntu
Studio work for as many people as possible.  I am concerned that the adoption
of Ubuntu Studio could be seriously hindered if such common hardware is not
usable.  Does anyone want to work on this with me?

--Paul in Seattle

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----