victims of upgrading,you are greeted!

guys,could you please send me what machines you got?to break it down:
1)i have an cr700 msi laptop (lucky me) who had a massive and till now still
has a  minor dvd writer problem.first just didn't recognise the thing or only
after repeatedly rebooting on basis of the 'normal' generic kernel.was
tinkering around with udev-extra so brasero collapsed and k3b refused or jumped
some control checks.sorry that i am so unspecific but was too lazy to document
it.
kicked brasero out and reinstalled k3b with default udev 151-12 and works
stable except irregularily (!!!,yes it is a computer) a dodgy message at boot
referring to sr0 and i/o errors.didn't work that out yet but think that's the
place where all goes wrong.

2)installed 10.04 on a HP,pentium 4 old horse and later got the rt kernel and
the studio pack down.works like a train.without any upgrade.

obviously not a solution so sorry if i wasted your time but think we are in the
same boat.

point for me is: -where does it go wrong?  it remains me a bit at that server
edition thing that you had to enable usb support to detect a usb device.just
have no clue what happened on developer's side and i share your frustration
about politix.
cheers
shen