On 01.11.2010 18:21, Brian David wrote:
On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 5:32 AM, martin <mentoj_d...@gmx.de <mailto:mentoj_d...@gmx.de>> wrote:

    thanks guys for all your help.

    IT WORKS! after a hole weekend of frickling, about time ;-)
    and that with only about 5 ms delay. much less then i expected. the
    solution? downgrading to 10.04, then sleepless playing around with the
    jack settings and very important: about a hundred reboots (well it
    felt
    like hundred). thanks especially to brian. that helped me a lot!

    now i have two other problems: first of all: the input level of the
    channels 3-8 (mic / line) is to little. even if i turn up the
    volume of
    all my devices to maximum, there is no cliping light flashing. the
    input-level of the channels 1 and 2 (mic / instruments) is fine. is
    there a solution? sry, i know, it has nothing to do with ubuntu studio
    itself, but maybe you can help me anyway.

    i also have a problem with an extern synthie: it produces a
    slightly DC,
    so that the recorded wave is not in the middle (i hope you understand
    what i mean). with audacity, i can easily fix it with the normalizing
    funktion. but i cant find an equal funktion in ardour. the normalizing
    there got no effekt to the slightly shifted 0-db-line.

    nice new week!

    martin

Just a quick reminder, please post below the text from the e-mail being replied to (such as I've done with this e-mail).

A quick question: What is it that you are plugging into the Firepod? Are these mics, or are these instruments? If they are instruments, what kind of instrument?

I'm afraid I have no suggestions for your second question. Sorry! But I'm glad you've got the Firepod working. :)
--
-Brian David
thanks for your answer brian. sry, for that writing on the top. i had no idea...

i have devices like synthies and samplers plugged in. so normal line-in-stuff. and even if i plug in a mic, i cant get enough input to let the cliping-lights work. but its just on the channels 3 - 8 like this. so its maybe a broken pre-amp?