Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-11-07 at 07:28 -0500, mischa falkenburg wrote:
>
>> Ralf Mardorf wrote:

>>> PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPS, pardon:
>>>
>>> You might use GRUB2 and you perhaps has got an issue regarding to a
>>> recordfail.
>>>

>> HI Ralf, thanks for your many responses.
>>
>> As you can see from what I've written Ronan, there may be more going on
>> here rather than not seeing anything (initially).
>> Did the install of UbuStu 10.04 happen or not?
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> Mischa
>>

> With a live cd or from the Linux that can be booted copy
>
> /boot/grub/menu.lst
>
> or
>
> /boot/grub/menu.cfg
>
> to an email to the list. I guess just the menu entries are missing.
>
> Take a look at all partitions. If there are folders /boot on some
> partitions there should be the kernels. For any kernel there has to be
> an entry in /boot/grub/menu.lst, for /boot/grub/menu.cfg it can be a
> little bit complicated.

(copying the info from ...grub isn't "behaving", but just from my
looking at .../menu.lst, all that's listed are two different 8.04 LTS
kernels:

2.6.24-28-generic
&
2.6.24-19-generic

Nothing in the file about 10.04...,

I also don't see a file for .../menu.cfg , is that supposed to be in the
Grub folder?

Mischa