Am 11.04.2011 03:41, schrieb Brian Blater:
 Would it be better to get the
BIOS sound card working for system sounds and the 1010lt for Jack etc?

Yes. That is the best solution.
The "crappy onboard card" does not interfere with your audiowork on the 1010 at all.

The chipset on the delta will not work really flawless with Pulse Audio. But the 1010 should work perfectly well with Alsa/jack.

best regards

I would like to be able to record some "system sounds" like sound
clips from video files or other such stuff, but I think that can be
done through some of the Jack pluggins.

Should I just wait until 11.04 comes out and hope most of this has
been addressed? I think the lowlatency is being better addressed in
Natty at least.

Thank you for any suggestions you may have.

Brian