Thanks for the reply - all these changes really put me on the spot. I have
for the first time in 4 years not been in a race to install a new Ubuntu
distro. I detest Unity and even UbuntuStudio Natty which sensibly has kept
GNome 2 is not as fast as UbuntuStudio Meerkat. No compiz in Gnome3 means
Gnome3 is a NO for me. I really can not imagine my workflow without it. It
has been a defining factor in the slick workflow for UStudio. XFCE - I have
no idea about but it was super we would not be all having these rants. I
fear I will be sticking to 10.10 - truly a perfect 10 for the foreseeable
future. The future for the moment looks very bleak - It seems we are now
having our VISTA moment in Linux. This is a real shame after all the gains
Ubuntu & UbuntuStudio have made in the last few years
aYo