"and this is very time consuming to learn"

In general, the more versatile the tool, the more time consuming it is to
learn. I learned to use "paint" effectively in just a few minutes and after
several years I'm still learning how to use "photoshop". However, I can now
whip out a design that "paint users" haven't ever even dreamed about and do
it in just a few minutes.

So my advice is...

If neu.Draw does what you need it to do, great! use it! If it doesn't, then
get used to the idea of needing to spend some time learning to use the
tools that do work.

Another example that I'm sure you can relate to. If you want basic quick
recording of audio, use audacity. If you need more, use ardour, but expect
it to require a learning curve.