I am sceptic too about workflow and ease of working to get to a certain
result but in my opinion though, many, if not most think in a strange way
about the tools and workflows offered.

It's like the discussion I've heard oh so often about synthesizers and
synthesized sounds, discussions about the most realistic and natural sounds
of which synthesizer. Synthesizers are synthesized, hence artificial
sounding by definition. If you want realistic sounds, buy a sampler go out
and sample the sounds from where they come.

The same thing counts for drawing and graphics in general.
If you want a real drawing on a computer, grab a pencil and paper and draw,
then scan it in.
If you want digital images, use your computer, fiddle around with vector
graphics or 3D graphics or even gimp, mypaint and equivalents.

Don't turn things around, and try to get a analog result with digital
tools, or a digital result with analog tools. I don't use my classical
guitar to create a techno beat. I use a sequencer and a drumcomputer and
neither do I try to create a classical guitar-tune using fluidsynth or even
linuxsampler... I grab my guitar and play it.

http://www.bartart3d.be/
On facebook <https://www.facebook.com/pages/BartArt3D/169488999795102>
On Twitter <https://twitter.com/#%21/Bart_Issimo>
On Identi.ca <http://identi.ca/bartart3d>