On Fri, Oct 11, 2013, at 04:28 PM, Gord L Williams wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I have had reaction to some comments I have made,  and I have to say
> everyone has acted in a very gentile manner.   Its good when we have
> manners and can express our thought.   Perhaps thats why we are hear
> rather than opening the box and dancing with the latest iPhone or
> Windows device.
>
> My comments where about not being able to move freely (FOSS) between
> desktops and choice your poison - yes including imperfect bloatware.
> Unity anyone?  Gnome?   -  I actually like Gnome 3 because it presents
> those I will call,  dancing people,  with a desktop that has a beat,
> for them.  "Its cool and I can dance to it."  to get American Bandstand
> about it.

Not sure if it was mentioned, but one of the goals we've had is to add
the possibility to choose Desktop Environment during installation. Might
become reality for the 14.04 release.

Until then, if you want to add the audio stuff to any other official
flavor, first install the flavor of your choice, then do:

$ sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install linux-lowlatency
ubuntustudio-audio
$ sudo usermod -a -G audio $USER

Make sure to answer "yes" to realtime, when jackd is installed.
That's it :)

/Kaj Ailomaa - Ubuntu Studio project lead