On 10/13/2013 03:43 AM, Ho Wan Chan wrote:
We are about to release Ubuntu Studio 13.10 on the coming Thursday.
However, we are desperately in need for testing. Please help us test
the release candidate images!

I installed into a partition, not whole disk (my test machine has many operating systems on it). This was overwriting an existing Ubuntu Studio 13.04 installation, with separate boot and root partitions.

The first thing I noticed (which I've seen before) is that when I selected the first partition (sda10 on /boot), immediately I committted my settings I got a dialog titled "Write previous changes to disk and continue?" that said "Before you can select a new partition size, any previous changes have to be written to disk. You cannot undo this operation. Please note that the resize operation may take a long time." The partition was not resized; I just confirmed the filesystem type (ext2) and mount point (/dev/sda10). No previous changes had been requested. cfdisk showed the partition size as 254.99M before installation, and 255.02M afterward. This did not occur with the root partition (/dev/sda22, XFS).

Shall I file a bug or test report (since this was not a whole-disk install as the test spec asks for)? I did file a success report for the post-installation test.

P.S. Love the desktop background.

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)