On Sat, 20 Aug 2016 09:26:59 -0500, Eddie Coffey wrote:
>I ran the command, sudo lshw -class network in terminal and it says the
>network is disabled.

Hi,

ignore my first reply, it was send by accident.

If

  sudo lshw -class network

claims that no interface is available, then you perhaps pushed the
laptop's button, to disable it. Or if it's not the build in Wifi, you
need to remove and plug in again the USB Wifi thingy or what ever else,
consider to post commands and their output.

I guess the issue is the above mentioned, that you likely disabled it
by pressing a button on the laptop.

Not related to disabled hardware is the following, that anyway might be
useful.

What's the output of

  sudo lshw -class network

and

  pidof dhcpcd

and assuming you're using NM

  systemctl status NetworkManager.service

?

I suspect you're using NM, if so running

  sudo systemctl enable NetworkManager.service
  sudo systemctl restart NetworkManager.service

might work.

If you reply, please not to me directly, just to the mailing list only.
I reply to you directly + the mailing list, because there's much delay
for my messages, coming through the list.

Regards,
Ralf