Hi.In my (not so big) experience, "fluid" tempos and pulses are really hard to
sync, as Ralf said.
I recorded recently a song with many tempo/measure changes and I couldn't find
any way to make organically. In the end, I kind of cheated. On a rallentando,
for instance, I split the measures in several pieces so that the metronome
would count the eight notes or the sixteenth notes, thus making it easier to
follow the pulse when recording. For each situation, I tried to find a (often
different) solution. But I prepared the whole tempo track all in numbers, not
through any kind of tapping or beat detection.
For me, tapping the tempo (or recording an audio with it) doesn't work very
well because I find it hard to replicate the intention I had when I'm playing a
different instrument. I find it even harder when other people are going to
play. An "artificial" tempo is, for me, always easier to predict, making the
recording more precise and demanding less editing. In the end, I think it
sounds more natural this way.But, as I said, I'm not that experienced, so maybe
there are better solutions out there.I hope this was of some help.Best
regards,Pietro

    Em Segunda-feira, 26 de Dezembro de 2016 10:09, Ralf Mardorf