On Jan 7, 2008 8:54 PM, Efrain Valles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dear all:
>
> Happy New Year... :D

And to you!

> I have a simple question. Can anyone translate to a specific language
> from another language other than English?.

{snip}

> Now I know what this would represent.
>
> 1) a translation that depends on a translation and therefore it may not
> be as faithful to the original.

I think this is the major problem - by translating from translations
you vastly increase the changes of meaning getting "lost in
translation", i.e. deviating from the original meaning. I can't think
of any way to prevent this from happening, so I think it's an
acceptable solution to make it obligatory to translate from a single
source language.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org