El dj 16 de 04 de 2009 a les 22:47 +0300, en/na Adi Roiban va escriure:
> On Thu, 2009-04-16 at 21:34 +0200, malditoastur wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I have updated Jaunty just a few hours ago, and I can see that
> > ubuntu-start-page does not appears in Asturian language. The
> > translations were done on 25 April, so I don't understand why I can't
> > see the page in Asturian. Where is the problem? Can you help us?
> >
> > Thanks
> As far as I can tell, there is an index.html.ast file on
> http://start.ubuntu.com/9.04/index.html.ast
>
> Did you defined your language preferences in Firefox / Epiphany / your
> browser?
>
> For Firefox it should be
>  Edit->Preferences , then "Content" , "Language" , "Choose"
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Adi Roiban

Hi,

I think Adi's is a good suggestion and a good starting point for
something to check out for. That said, the language code in the browser
should automatically be set to the given locale already.

I have also noticed a problem: in the current version (at least last
evening), the "Ubuntu help" link appears untranslated. I have noticed a
couple of things:

* At some point all strings in Catalan were translated in Jaunty, but
there was a template change (I think from "Ubuntu Help" to "Ubuntu
help") and then they started to appear untranslated. The last
translation in Launchpad for this string was on 2009-03-24 [1]

* The template [1] does not seem to reflect what has been released.
There is still a mixture of capitals (Ubuntu Start Page, Ubuntu shop)
and the "Ubuntu Help" string there is different to the released "Ubuntu
help" one. I think it might be a matter of updating the template.

* I have tested the following localisations (just by clicking on the
link): de [2], ca [3], it [4], es [5], fr [6] and ast [7]. In all of
them the "Ubuntu help" appears untranslated. They were ok the last time
the status report was generated, though [8]

Adi, Matthew, do you think you could you shed any light on this?

Keep up the good work!

Regards,
David.

[1]