> --------Oryginal Message---------:
>> On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 09:46:57AM +0400, Oleg Koptev wrote:
>>> In reference to upstream teams - dunno, but I think somebody from here
>>> are in tight contact with them (as I see at Og e-mail adress for
>>> example). So it could be figured out there in any case.
>>
>> You don't need "tight contact with" upstream to report bugs (non-obvious
>> strings lacking context is a bug), just open and account in, say, gnome
>> bugzilla and file bug report(s) against the relevant module(s), this way
>> you know for sure that the developers know about the issue and can work
>> on it.
>>

> Hi,
>
> You said that non-obvious string lacking context is a bug. I cannot
> agree with this, becuase this context usually you can find in real
> appliacation. If you would open translated programm and try to find
> doubtful string/option, you would not need a comment for such string.
>
> In my opinion, before start to translate application, each translator
> should first learn it and if he still don't know a meaning of translated
> string, then he should contact with developers or submit the bug report.

I completely disagree. It is a simple matter of efficiency, how much
work we can get done with the same amount of work from contributors
(developers and translators). It takes one developer about the same
amount of time to write context to one unclear string that he himself
authored, as it would take one translator to research that string. The
problem then is, that without the comments all translators would have
to use time on it. Since e.g. gnome is translated into 50-80
languages, you can save the time of the other 49-79 translators (i.e.
contributors) by making the comments. Time which they can then use to
do other contributions.

Regards Kenneth Nielsen