Many thanks Ask for your feedback. It is much appreciated and valuable!

On Sun, 2010-06-06 at 22:24 +0200, Hannie Lafeber-Dumoleyn wrote:
[snip]
> ... Personally I cannot find a reason to choose the translator mode.
> Why would I want all my translations to be reviewed by other members
> of our translation team?
Because: "errare humanum est, sed perseverare diabolicum".
This is the only reason why you would like to have all your _new_
translations reviewed by another team member.

If your team has more than 1 member and you have time, it would be nice
that all translations to pass a peer-review process.

The "Translator/Reviewer working mode" is an optional feature. You can
ignore it and nothing will change into your translation process.

> In the old situation people who did not have full translation/review
> rights could only make suggestions which were reviewed by translators
> with full rights. I understand that, in the new situation,  they can
> only use the translator mode and are unable to deselect the Someone
> needs to review this translation check-box. Am I right?
No. There is no new situation for people who don't have full
translation/review rights. :)

Translator/Reviewer working mode was created only for member of official
translations team appointed for languages.

If you are not a member of a translation team, nothing was changed.
As an example, look at the Ubuntu Romanian translations for
ubiquity-slideshow [1] and you will see that all your translations are
added as suggestions... just like before.

Cheers!

PS:)
Maybe it is not such a bad idea to rename all Ubuntu Translations Teams
to, Ubuntu Translation Quality Assurance Teams, to emphasize their role.

[1]
https://translations.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/lucid/+source/ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu/+pots/ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu/ro/+translate

--
Adi Roiban