However, I do see the value in creating a global glossary that teams
could use as a template and simply translate.

There were efforts in that direction some time ago:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-translators/2009-December/003170.html

If this is an area you believe to be important, and would like to see it
improved, I'd very much encourage you to revive that effort, or lead a
new project to create a global translation glossary (or memory) for all
teams. I'll certainly be glad to help, as I'm sure other people on the
list will be.
**snip**

The idea of a global glossary is a good one. I have just looked at this page:
https://translations.launchpad.net/translation-standards/terminology/+pots/terminology/nl/+translate
I want to know how to translate it. Should I download the file?
And can the file be imported into LP once it is translated offline?
It is not possible to translate it online at this moment, due to restricted permissions: Translation Standards <https://launchpad.net/translation-standards> is translated by Launchpad Translators <https://translations.launchpad.net/+groups/launchpad-translators> with Restricted <https://translations.launchpad.net/+help/permissions-policies.html> permissions.
Regards,
Hannie
Ubuntu Dutch Translators