From: ubuntu-translators-boun...@lists.ubuntu.com
[mailto:ubuntu-translators-boun...@lists.ubuntu.com] On Behalf Of Doug
Smythies
Sent: September-26-2013 14:26
To: ubuntu-translators@lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: Localized ubuntu-docs screenshots

If regions want to update any screen shots in Ubuntu-docs, they should be
done in time to commit to the main branch before October 3rd.

I do not know what the typical procedure is, but I did find some reference
to using some share on Ubuntu 1 for the files, but it doesn't seem to exist
anymore.

I also observe that there are currently only a few region specific screen
shots.

Out of the 13 screen shots, 8 were updated in the "ubuntu-help/C/figures"
directory for this cycle. Details are below, along with what regions
currently have their own version:

nautilus.png - Looks a bit different

./zh_CN/figures/nautilus.png

./sr/figures/nautilus.png

./fr/figures/nautilus.png

./de/figures/nautilus.png

unity-dash-intro.png - Replaced because it looks a little different now.

./zh_CN/figures/unity-dash-intro.png

unity-dash-sample.png - Looks a little different (Could probably leave old
screenshot if desired)

./zh_CN/figures/unity-dash-sample.png

./fr/figures/unity-dash-sample.png

./de/figures/unity-dash-sample.png

unity-exit.png - Menu a little different

./zh_CN/figures/unity-exit.png

./fr/figures/unity-exit.png

./de/figures/unity-exit.png

unity-launcher-intro.png - mouse hover menu is different

./zh_CN/figures/unity-launcher-intro.png

./fr/figures/unity-launcher-intro.png

./de/figures/unity-launcher-intro.png

unity-overview.png - Workspaces disable by default; Scope (lenses) different

./zh_CN/figures/unity-overview.png

./fr/figures/unity-overview.png

./de/figures/unity-overview.png

unity.png - quite downsampled, so doesn't really show language specific
detail. Replaced due to workspaces disabled by default.

./zh_CN/figures/unity.png

unity-windows.png - After enabling workspaces - default launcher icons
different (Could probably leave old screenshot if desired)

./zh_CN/figures/unity-windows.png

./fr/figures/unity-windows.png

./de/figures/unity-windows.png

unity-shell.png - Not used. Will be deleted.

./zh_CN/figures/unity-shell.png

. Doug

P.S. The script that automatically collects screen shots is being worked on
and tested. I am not up to date on the status. I manually did the above
mentioned new screen shots.