On 2015-03-15 06:58, Marcin GTriderXC.tk wrote:
> Honestly we've got something over 9000 strings to translate in Polish.
> Translating this is gonna take me definitely longer than week or two. I
> just want to make sure that if I/we translate these strings, my work
> will not go in vain and translated strings will be updated every few
> weeks or months and will not be noticed in a few years by the next
> system release?

Assuming that you are talking about translations in general, and not
just the server guide, this is some general guidance:

As long as you translate in the current development version, or else in
the latest available version, the translations will be noticed sooner or
later. As regards stable releases, it depends on which translation
domains you are talking about. For packages in main, i.e. translations
ending up in the Ubuntu language packs, there is a procedure in place
which requires you to take some steps:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations/LanguagePackUpdateRequest

Please be more specific if you need a more specific answer.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj