Hey there,

Le 29/03/2018 à 01:56, Gunnar Hjalmarsson a écrit :

> Since those packages are no longer part of standard Ubuntu, they have
> been moved from main to universe, and the translation templates have
> been dropped from Launchpad (as you have already noticed). If I
> understand it correctly, it means that the .mo files will be built
> from the .po files present in the source of respective package and end
> up in /usr/share/locale/<lang>/LC_MESSAGES next time respective
> package is uploaded.

Since those projects have been Ubuntu focussed and translators on
launchpad are usually working on Ubuntu translations and since we have
the translations in good shape for the indicators I think it would make
sense to keep using langpacks.

That means adding "X-Ubuntu-Use-Langpack: yes" to their debian/control
and doing an upload.

The other way would be to export/download the translations for each
indicators, copy them/commit to the source and do an upload. But then
you need to keep doing that or you need to communicate to translators
that they need to submit their fixes to those projects.

Cheers,

Sebastien Bacher