Thanks Gunnar and Sebastien for your replies.

My goal is to do a quality review of the Greek localization as
provided in the stock Ubuntu 18.04 (i.e. GNOME Shell).
I am at the stage of doing 'msgunfmt' on the installed .mo files in
order to figure out typos and such.

What I understand, is that the various
/usr/share/locale-langpack/LL/LC_MESSAGES/*-indicator.mo files
are provided by the langpack, but their executable files are not
installed/required in GNOME Shell (in 18.04).

I am happy to do a translation update specifically for
datetime-indicator for Unity7 in 18.04 relating to the recent changes
in the datetime formats in glibc.

@Khurshid, please tell me what is more convenient to you to make these
translation changes for Greek.

Simos