On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 03:11:19PM +0000, Andy wrote:
> On 10/11/06, Alan Pope <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Are you using the kqemu (non-free kernel module) accellerator with qemu? It
> > makes a
> > tremendous difference to the performance.
>
> no, I just used qemu on its own. This is my first time with any kind
> of VM, just wanted to see if I could make something run.
> Problem is I am on dapper, kqemu requires a version newer than
> dappers, and source compilation failed, the configure script said my
> version of gcc was too new, will try a binary install of a newer
> version of qemu from their site, then see if kqemu makes it run
> faster.

I wrote this guide for compiling qemu under dapper. It might help. You need to
compile it
with gcc 3.x and not gcc 4.x

http://hants.lug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?LinuxHints/QemuCompilation
http://hants.lug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?LinuxHints/QemuCompilationFromCVS

If there are any errors or omissions let me know, I've not updated it for edgy,
but i use
the process in that page for compiling qemu myself.

Cheers,
Al.