On Sat, Nov 18, 2006 at 02:26:57PM +0000, Norman Silverstone wrote:
> I wonder if some instruction on how to copy files from the PC to a CD or
> DVD would be useful. Especially how to set up so that the CD or DVD can
> be used on a session by session basis. Also such things as copying
> CDs or DVDs and making backups and restoring.

Yeah, definately a good one. There's quite a bit to cover:-

* Ripping an audio CD
* Burning ripped audio to CD
* Burning a data CD
* Burning an ISO image

Then all the DVD options too. Maybe a split between CD burning and DVD burning
might be useful because the DVD
burning stuff might not be interesting to people who "only" have CD burners.

I'll have a think and come up with a plan.

> I use K3b for copying etc because I find it easy to use but do not
> normally use applications written for Kubuntu.

Yeah, I used k3b for quite a while until I started using the GNOME specific
stuff (being an Ubuntu - not Kubuntu
user).

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll work on it.

Cheers,
Al.