Message: 3
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 20:09:17 +0000
From: paul mellors <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [ubuntu-uk] BBC Vista Coverage
To: British Ubuntu Talk <ubuntu-uk@lists.ubuntu.com>

John McCourt wrote:
> No offense, but Linux is not gonna have any chance at
> competing with the marketing drive of Microsoft over
> the next few months.
Linux will never compete with the marketing drive of Microsoft. And
windows users will never swap until it's just as easy to use and easy to
setup and it has the same support the same driver support the same games
applications, oh you know what i mean i needn't go on....

I disagree, I think it would be more realistic to say "windows users will
never swap until you can walk into a shop and buy a Linux PC that's already
been set up for you", I think that by far most of the Windows PCs
are bought 'as is' and most users never go near an O/S installation or
pugrade.