> Does it have a GUI similar to Windows or do I need to learn code?

I suspect that many Windows users won't know what the word "GUI" means.

I'd suggest:

Q: Does it look like Windows (TM) or an Apple (TM)?

A: A bit like both - if you want a straightforward, easy to use, system,
then the defaults will be straightforward whichever system you're coming
from. If you like the idea of fancy "up to the minute" effects like a
three-dimensional desktop, then Ubuntu's have been rated more highly
than the effects in Microsoft Windows Vista by many users and journalists.

Mark