On Tuesday 26 June 2007 06:18, John Taylor wrote:

> Mark
>
> You are a late bird - you need your beauty sleep!

Indeed I do! At least, thats what the wife says!

> This is what I have done so far
>
> wget -c
> http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/seamonkey/releases/1.1.1/seamonkey-1.1.1.en-US.l
>inux-i686.installer.tar.gz tar zxvf
> seamonkey-1.1.1.en-US.linux-i686.installer.tar.gz
> cd seamonkey-installer
> gksudo ./seamonkey-installer <<<<- This is where it   doesn't  like it
> sudo mv /usr/local/seamonkey/plugins /usr/local/seamonkey/plugins.bak
> sudo ln -s /usr/lib/firefox/plugins /usr/local/seamonkey/plugins
> sudo ln -s /usr/local/seamonkey/seamonkey /usr/bin/seamonkey
>
> All the above is a direct copy from
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SeaMonkey
>

> I think I understand your above comments but why does it install under
> WINDOWS VISTA?
>
> These are the error messages
>

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ gksudo ./seamonkey-installer
> X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 169
>   Major opcode:  145
>   Minor opcode:  3
>   Resource id:  0x0
> Failed to open device
>

> What more can I tell you?
>

> John

Bear with me John - I will grab a copy of the seamonkey code and see what I
can discover from this end!
Not sure why it installs under Vista - but I suspect that it is an exe file
isn't it, rather than the source code. Attempting to build it under Windows
from source would need gcc and other things which are not present in Windows
by default although they can be installed and work well.

Will report back shortly!

Mark