On Tuesday 26 June 2007 11:14, John Taylor wrote:
> Mark Jose wrote:
> > On Tuesday 26 June 2007 10:47, John Taylor wrote:
> >> Mark
> >>
> >> I have GTK2 version from yesterdays download.
> >>
> >> If I run
> >> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ ./seamonkey-installer
> >> bash: ./seamonkey-installer: is a directory
> >> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$
> >>  what do I do now?
> >>
> >> John
> >
> > try
> >  [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ cd ./seamonkey-installer
> > then
> >  [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ ./seamonkey-installer
> >
> > Mark
>
> Mark
>
> Just the same as above!
>
> John

John,
The message that seamonkey-installer is a directory means you would need to
enter the directory first, thus the cd ./seamonkey-installer command I
mentioned.
If it still complains, then I would have a look at the seamonkey folder you
created and see what it contains. You should have, if you followed the
instructions from the Mozilla site,
A folder called seamonkey1.1.2, containing a folder called xpi, a
seamonkey-installer-bin and 5 other text type files, one of which is called
seamonkey-installer. That one is a shell script which is what we are trying
to get to work.
I would take a look at the folder called seamonkey1.1.2 and look around in
there - check that you have the various bits I mentioned. Once you find the
seamonkey-installer script, you could simply put the full path to it into a
command line eg

sh /home/john/seamonkey1.1.2/seamonkey-installer/seamonkey-installer
or whatever the path is. In the example above, I am assuming that the script
is in a folder called seamonkey-installer, which is in the seamonkey1.1.2
folder.

If it would help, feel free to email me off the list and I am happy to work
through it with you step by step if it would help.
I am a little surprised that there isn't a version of seamonkey in the Ubuntu
repositories actually - but I did check and there doesn't seem to be.

Cheers,
Mark