I have become (slightly ambitiously) the volunteer system admin for a
small local charity serving a small number of vulnerable users.
I expect to commission and admin 5 PCs each with edubuntu 7.04 (a few
are dual boot with windows). There will be a modem router and LAN
including a switch.

I believe that something like dans guardian is probably going to be
important, and I can see a number of how to's on the forums.
I would prefer not to use scripts, and it seems that apps are in repos
ok. However, my experience with cacheing, proxies, and ip tables (and
the concepts) is sparse, and I wondered if anyone here has experience
or comments which might help me speed up?
tia
--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391