Hey Sean,

If they are uploading things, its likely they have a PHP Shell somewhere.
The most common is called the "C99 Shell". You could try doing a grep to
find it. I agree with Alan, it would be best to restore a backup.
It also looks like they are trying to start a SOCKS server, from the
"./mocks" command. This may be used to use your server as a proxy.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mocks/

You should disable the shell for "apache" by changing the login shell to
"/bin/false" in the file "/etc/passwd"

Regards,
James.