On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 23:12:31 +0000
Andrew Oakley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> For "beginners" I always recommend BT for ADSL, since if there is a
> connection problem, they can't blame it on anyone else. Other ISPs,
> if you get a connection problem, sometimes they try to fob you off
> saying there's a fault on the line, and that it's BT's fault; BT then
> come back and say it's the ISP's fault, and so it goes on in circles.
> Both my parents and my in-laws use BT broadband and have had zero
> hassle. Once my dad reported a connection problem to BT, it turned
> out to be water collecting in a cable tray under the pavement over
> the road, and of course they sent a man out to dig it up and fix it.

It really makes no difference which ISP you use when it comes to faults
- they are all customers of BT Wholesale, even BT Broadband. BT
Broadband *might* get higher priority when it comes to getting faults
fixed, but that's not enough to make me recommend them especially when
balanced against the tales of poor performance from BT.

I was told this by a BT Wholesale engineer whilst fixing a fault with my
(non-BT Broadband) ADSL connection when I asked about BT Broadband.
--
Dave Murphy - http://schwuk.com
Get in touch - http://schwuk.com/contact