> Perhaps we need a better description of what this mailing list is about?
>
> Suggestions welcome.

I think "British Ubuntu Talk" works quite well, however, over the last
few months I have read some threads on the list where the contributers
would maybe have benefited from reading a list description/etiquette
guide.

Unfortunately these threads are likely to increase as the list grows
in popularity, so maybe now would be a good time to introduce a list
guide? Personally, I would not like to see the emergence of any "list
police", but maybe just a gentle pointer to a guide within the default
list signature?

Also, I think it is a real shame that _anyone_ is put in a position
where they feel they cannot post to the list -- whether that be
because of frequency of posts, or for telling jokes of debatable
quality.

BTW, I have been a happy subscriber for sometime, and will remain so :)

Peace,

Philip