On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 11:57:25PM +0100, Mac wrote:
> John / Stuart >>> I'd sort of hoped I could run Liferea directly with
> its profile on a network drive, as I do with Thunderbird - so there'd be
> no need to rsync.  Looks like it's not possible to change the Liferea
> configuration to do that.

If you've got a network drive mounted you can put a link to somewhere
on it in place of the ~/.liferea folder and then the different
machines will share the same profile.  It might do weird things if you
try and have two instances of the program using the profile at the
same time but it should work if you avoid that.

Procedure to set this up:
- Move ~/.liferea onto the network drive
- Run
        ln -s /path/to/where/you/put/.liferea ~/.liferea

I should point out that I haven't tried this so keep a copy of the
directory safe to put it back if it doesn't work.

          Robert