On Wed, 2008-06-25 at 22:33 +0100, Philip Stubbs wrote:
<SNIP>
> I have made start.
> http://stuphi.co.uk/uupc_s01e01.txt

<SNIP>

Hi Philip,

That's great, thanks for making a start - good work.

I've also made a start on the first 10 minutes of episode 2.  I've made
a focus on readability also, and ignored "um's" and false starts in hope
to make it easier to read.

I used the 'transcriber' application that i previously mentioned.
Although it has it's limitations (spelling didn't always work as
expected), i did find it a really good application for this task.

One really good thing about it, you play and pause the audio with <Tab>,
then press <ctrl>+<t> to change speaker (It did initially hide the OK
button, but you can stretch the dialogue window, and it seems to
remember).

I think this application is also particularly useful as it also logs the
timestamps of each entry, but can also export to standard plain text and
mediocre html.

I've added what i have done into launchpad:
http://linkpot.net/guessable/

It's currently a branch under my launchpad area, and others can branch
it with:
$ bzr branch lp:~davewalker/ubuntu-uk-podcast/Transcripts
(install bazaar if needed)

If those willing to get involved think this method of working is a good
solution, i'll move the source tree to an area where others can commit
to.

If you have any questions about using Launchpad, Bazaar (bzr) or
'transcriber' let me know - and i'll see if i can help.

Kind Regards,
Dave Walker