Wayne Roberts wrote:
> sorry should have mentioned that,
> here's the specs for windows home server, web server, ftp server (via
> add-in), backup store, abbility to stream music and video.

Ahh in that case, I guess installing Ubuntu 8.04.1 LTS Server with the
LAMP option which will give you the web server (along with PHP and
MySQL), add Samba and an FTP server (not sure which one is the best as I
don't use FTP).  Where you say the ability to stream music and video,
you should be able to do that in Windows by connecting to the Samba
share and opening the files (works lovely on my network even with my
fairly old slow server - it's enough to play HD video).

Otherwise as I mentioned earlier, there is also SME Server
(www.contribs.org) which will do all that out of the box too with a
simple web interface.

Rob