Jai Harrison wrote:
<snip>
> Then I figure I need the 3 year warranty and might as well add a
> fourth year as it's only another £18 on top of the 3 years (total for
> 4 years warranty: £83.40).

Jai >>> I've bought several Dells (desktops and laptops) over the years,
and I've never felt the need to pay for more warranty on top of the
one-year warranty Dell gives you anyway.  My thinking on this has been

(a) Anything that's faulty is likely to fail fairly early on in the life
of the machine;  otherwise the probability of breakdown is low

(b) Dell's extended warranty is a very expensive way of insuring against
a low-probability event.

So in my view the risk is not worth the expense.  I have had one or two
failures within the first year, and Dell have fixed them for free.  But
the *very* few things I've had to get fixed myself within the next three
years have cost me nothing like insurance premium Dell charge.
(Actually, the only thing I can think of is a NIC that cost less than a
tenner.)

That's been my experience.  But let's see what others think.

Mac