Jai,

Jai Harrison wrote:

> What I really want to know is what specs seem suitable for the next 3
> years of Uni. I'm expecting to have to pick some of the higher end
> hardware on the Inspiron 1525 and want some assistance in doing so. Is
> there a substantial difference between the Intel Core™ 2 Duo Processor
> T5550 (1.83 GHz, 667 MHz FSB, 2 MB L2 cache) and the Intel(R) Core™ 2
> Duo Processor T8100 (2.10 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 3 MB L2 cache) to make it
> worth the extra £70?

I think it really depends on what sort of things you intend doing with
this machine. If it is a significant amount of cpu intensive stuff, then
the extra speed and cache would most likley be useful.

Or you could go with the advice I was given a while ago and that is
always buy the highest spec machine you can afford, so if the £70 is not
an issue then go for it!

Regards,
Tony.
--
Tony Arnold,                        Tel: +44 (0) 161 275 6093
Head of IT Security,                Fax: +44 (0) 870 136 1004