On Sun, 2008-11-02 at 11:42 +0000, Alan Pope wrote:
> 2008/11/2 Ken Robson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > Since I installed 8.10 64bit as a fresh install, when I eject a cd
> > (using right click eject) it immediately closed it again before I have
> > time to remove the cd.
> >

> Sounds like you may have found a bug in Ubuntu.
>
> You could report this bug so that in the future it could be fixed for
> yourself and other Ubuntu uses. It could be a problem with the
> nautilus file manager so you could file a bug against that.

Actually, this bug is already well known by the developers and is documented in
the Intrepid Release Notes [1]. I have no idea why
the developers decided to go ahead with release with this fairly critical bug
(If you cant get a CD out of a drive, you aren't going
to stick with an OS for long (this thread is a good example of that).

[1] - http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/releasenotes/810#CD%20eject%20problems

--
David Futcher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Ubuntu Universe Contributor