On Sun, 2008-11-16 at 18:14 +0000, Alan Pope wrote:
> 2008/11/16 Matthew Daubney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > I'll stick this in this thread as it's related. Will there be a chance
> > to discuss the election process once it's finished?
>
> There was an opportunity between my first mail on the subject and the
> start of November :)
>
> However I came up with the plan after very little discussion, so yes,
> it would make sense for us to plan ahead for the next time.
>
> I'm interested in whether people think this should be a post which
> rotates based on a particular schedule such as yearly, or whether the
> person holding the post should just carry on until challenged, or
> until they decide to step down. Certainly all worth talking about.
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

Personally, I would go with a time scheduled election say once a year.
The option of until someone is challenged would mean a team lead was not
really doing as they should be and it has reached a point of tension
where one or more people want the individual out of office and that kind
of tension and division would not be the best for the group.

Regards

Phil