On Fri, 2008-12-26 at 08:21 +0000, Sean Miller wrote:
> tracert suggests that your machine thinks it's called jrh.co.uk not
> joshh.co.uk
>
> Also you need BOTH nameservers to be pointing to your machine.
>
> At the moment you appear to have the first nameserver set to
> joshh.co.uk (and an IP) and the second nameserver set to
> ns.123-reg.co.uk -- I suspect that the reason that you're getting the
> 123reg holding page is that it is not finding joshh.co.uk DNS on your
> machine.
>
> Are you sure you've set up bind/named correctly?
>
> Sean

That all makes perfect sense. The VPS was originally set up to have
hostname jrh.co.uk, when I thought that was free. On the 123reg website
it allows you to give two _different_ nameservers for your domain. As I
only have the one, I named my own and used the 123reg site's. Does this
mean I need another VPS?
--
Josh Holland aka madmartian
Find me on #ubuntu-uk

My system: Dell Inspiron 1300 with fully up-to-date Intrepid
Intel Celeron M 1.70 GHz, 512 MB