On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 9:04 AM, Matthew Macdonald-Wallace
<matt...@truthisfreedom.org.uk> wrote:
> If you can't get a static IP, I've used DynDNS.com in the past
> sucessfully and a number of routers now come with the ability to
> perform DynDNS updates.

Ah, you suggested that first!  Sorry for duplicate post!

I found dyndns to actually be very successful.  I ran a development
server using it for about a year and seldom had any issues connecting
to it from the outside world.  From memory the only other thing I had
to do was create a path to the server from the router, as it was
obviously the router that exposed itself to the outside world rather
than the network itself, but that wasn't too hard as I recall.

Sean