2009/1/16 piskie <ubu...@talktalk.net>:
> heh - I own neither myself - and as I said "I hasten to add a long time
> ago" - a long time before I'd looked at Ubuntu, it was very cliquey and
> 'if you've not compiled it yourself - we're not interested' - so as a
> result neither was I.

That still goes on with some people unfortunately. HantsLUG is a nice
place though. We have people of all ages and backgrounds. We even have
new people just turn up out of the blue to see if they can get help
with their computer, or just to say "hi" and find out what's going on.

> I certainly don't feel the same way now and have been happily using
> buntu and various other distros for a couple of years and while I've not
> been very present on the mailing list - I am on the forums and IRC.

Excellent. Good to know people are out there, wherever they find their home.

Cheers,
Al.