Sean Miller wrote:
> [snip]
>
> Having grown up in a Unix/VT220 environment to find that there is no
> ctrl key and everything is done differently is, to say the least,
> rather "alien".  I mean, ctrl-c to cancel... been there since time and
> memorium... how come Steve Jobs gets to redefine it?

Hang on, what do you mean, no Ctrl key?  I'm looking at the MacBook Pro
keyboard I'm typing on right now, and there it is, a Ctrl key nestling
between Fn and Option/Alt.  This and the "there's no right mouse
button"[1] fallacy really irritate me sometimes.

-n

[1] If using a Mighty Mouse, oh look, it has a right-button.  If using
    a trackpad, either Ctrl+click or enable right-click using two
    fingers in the system preferences.  Or, you know, just plug in any
    USB mouse.