Yes I have,

What version of Ubuntu are you running on the second PC ?

There were problems with Intrepid because of the new Xorg server and nvidia
not having released a driver that was compatiable with it, though this is
mostly resolved now:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nvidia-graphics-drivers-96/+bug/251107