xorg attached I hope - if not I'll post it

it's the one I was using when I had the card - pretty sure that when I had the card I was caught up in all that Michael alludes to - I know I had to use proposed at the time to get it.

I looked at my nvidia thread - I think that in the end I did a clean install and it worked for me,

this was the issue I had with it to start with - but that was when the driver was beta still

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1827368&postcount=1

Kev

Steve Baugh wrote:
Michael, Kev,

Thanks for your comments and pointing me to the bug report.

I am using Intrepid 32 bit. The bug report mentions a number of
xorg.conf tweaks so that could be it. I would be interested to see your
xorg.conf, Kev. The following comes up a lot:

Option "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "True"

There was a warning about a missing section in xorg.conf when I
activated the driver so that may be it.

Thanks again (I do miss compiz!),

Steve