> Aparently primnary schools are forced to use MS office so the children
> are ready for what is used in Secondary schools which is I guess a fair
> argument i guess.  And i guess secondaries feel obliged to use MS office
> as they see it as "industry standard."
There used to be a saying in the computer industry which was "Nobody
ever got fired for buying IBM".
I think it's shifted to Microsoft. Speaking from experience, most school
"IT department heads" don't know that much about IT.
They perceive it as a 'safe' option to go with MS, every if it costs a
fortune, because "everyone else uses it".

It's a classic circular argument...

Lee