On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 1:58 PM, Alan Pope <a...@popey.com> wrote:
> You're not Rowan though. You have orders of magnitude more skill and
> experience in use of Linux than he appears to. If he goes for a
> vanilla install of Ubuntu it's entirely likely that he'll end up with
> some level of brokenness somewhere and no support from LC.

And my orders of magnitude of experience tells me that Rowan would be
better re-installing from a vanilla Ubuntu CD.

See the message he's just posted.

Trying to fix something that is broken is FAR harder than simply
re-installing, and it sounds like he's sufficiently early on in his
"Linux journey" to do that without losing too much.

Sean