On 05/03/2009, Sean Miller <s...@seanmiller.net> wrote:
>  Trying to fix something that is broken is FAR harder than simply
>  re-installing, and it sounds like he's sufficiently early on in his
>  "Linux journey" to do that without losing too much.

Sounds like the windows way of "fixing" things. "Just reboot", "Just
re-install".

Personally I'd rather help him fix the system he has, and having
invested some time in trying to help him, it would be nice to see that
come to and end with a successful result. Of course it's his machine
and if he wants to reinstall he's perfectly at liberty to do that.

Cheers,
Al.