Simon Wears wrote:
> Well it sounds to me as if the update broke it - perhaps if you undo
> the update and see if it starts working again?
>
> My knowledge doesn't stretch that far, so you'll need a how to from
> someone else.
>
> What kind of network is it? Wired I'd wireless? And if wireless, open
> or encrypted, with what encryption? (WEP? WPA?)
>
> Simon Wears
> munkyju...@gmail.com
> http://MunkyJunky.com | http://Twitter.com/MunkyJunky
> MunkyJunky on irc.freenode.net
>
> On 17 Mar 2009, at 00:22, John <jake...@sky.com> wrote:
>

>> For some reason, my Acer One Netbook, running Ubuntu 2.24.1which is
>> kind
>> of confusing, since I thought it was supposed to be an eee pc
>> version. I
>> have this feeling, last night, there was an update, which I installed,
>> and its today I cant connect via the network. I dont have a clue what
>> has happened to the eeepc installation.
>>
>> Please can somebody help me please? I just have no clue about what has
>> happened here.
>>
>> Thank you
>>
>> John
>>
>> --
>> ubuntu-uk@lists.ubuntu.com

I've also got this issue and there's a bug open on launchpad:

For the time being your old kernel should be installed. When you start
up you should get a prompt for a few seconds saying "press escape to see
menu" or similar. Do that and then you should get a menu of installed
kernels, the 2nd non-safemode entry should be from before the update...

adam.