Hi, thank you so much. It does seem like something has broke it. I pressed escape when starting the netbook, to see which kernel its starting, and it is the eee pc kernel, so it looks like something has been installed over it.

As far as anything else, I am worse off than you, I'm a newby with Ubuntu, and still learning the basics. I am not sure what you mean with the advice given, its a bit above my head. I am so sorry.

John

Simon Wears wrote:
Well it sounds to me as if the update broke it - perhaps if you undo
the update and see if it starts working again?

My knowledge doesn't stretch that far, so you'll need a how to from
someone else.

What kind of network is it? Wired I'd wireless? And if wireless, open
or encrypted, with what encryption? (WEP? WPA?)

Simon Wears
munkyju...@gmail.com
http://MunkyJunky.com | http://Twitter.com/MunkyJunky
MunkyJunky on irc.freenode.net